This book really affected me because as I was reading about the troubles Jews went through during that time period, it made me realize how good/easy we have life these days. People aren't executing mass amounts of people for no good reason.
I recommend this book mainly because I always hear people complaining about life. "I hate life", "I wanna kill myself." These words are thrown out like the word "the." This book will make you come to your senses about the luxuries we live in. It is a great read for anyone. This is one of the most inspirational books I have ever read, so I recommend it to you because you never know, it may change your life. Even just a little bit. A little bit is better than nothing.
Below is a video clip of Oprah Winfrey interviewing the author of this book, Elie Wiesel. They visit the concentration camp Elie spent most of his time at during the Jewish Holocaust.
I read this book last year for class and it was really good. Such a tragic event and story.
ReplyDeleteWe read this book last year as a class, the book was great for making you visualize the events Elie was going through during the Holocaust. It was a very eventful and a great book. I also recommend reading it.
ReplyDelete