Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Blog Reflection


 

How has my quality improved?

Over the trimester, the quality of my writing has definitely improved.  I’ve been incorporating more literary elements. One good literary element in my recent blog is imagery.  It states: “Waking up in that daze, eyes unable to open, impossible to move even in the slightest movement, the annoying noise of the alarm in the background, the only safe place seems to be under the covers.”   The maturity level of my writing has dramatically increased along with my vocabulary. I’ve learned a lot of advanced-level words and writing techniques, therefore, I’m putting them into my writing. One good word that I learned recently is: deprivation.  I didn’t have these assets at the beginning of the trimester.  I elaborate a lot more now to add necessary detail, as you can see because my more recent post is a lot longer with more detail.  In the beginning of the trimester, my writing was very short and simplistic, almost like a text message.  I have developed into a writer that uses more elaborate writing which appeals to emotions and senses.  The imagery I stated in the beginning of this paragraph is a good example of how my recent writing appeals to emotions and senses.  There’s not a single sentence in my old blog post that even has the possibility to appeal to emotions and/or senses.  Also, my transitions flow better by using transition sentences rather than just moving on to my next thought.  As you can see in my recent blog, I use transition sentences such as: “To address the first point.”  Some of my lines in my old writing don’t even make sense.  As you can see in my old blog post, the two long lines I highlighted take a few times to read in order to make some sense of them.  Also, I used to use very boring words such as: “great” and “strong”.  Overall, I have just become a more mature, advanced writer. 

Questions

 One thing I struggled with while blogging was making myself blog every week.  I did this by making sure I did it in class so I wouldn’t have to do it at home because that’s when I didn’t want to do it.  One strength I had while blogging was that I could blog very quickly.  It didn’t take me much time to conduct a quality blog.  I didn’t even get close to meeting my reading goal.  I used goodreads.com to rate books that I’ve read in the past.  I would say I improved more as a writer, but as a reader, I became a more efficient, faster reader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment