To be completely honest, I was very confused when I first read the synopsis of Fahrenheit 451. It seemed like a lot going on...too much to track. I kept reading over the synopsis and I believe I have some fair predictions for the actual reading of the book.
Obviously, the main character, Guy Montag, is a fireman. I believe he is going to be a very strong man that enjoys his job. His job, in my opinion, isn't just going to be to fight fires. Judging from the synopsis, my prediction is that he is going to attempt to burn all books and possibly other things that aren't legal in society. It seems very odd, but it actually makes sense. I'm excited to see where this leads him in his interesting life. Due to the fact that it apparently doesn't phase him when he burns books and homes, I'm almost certain that he's going to be a cold-hearted guy. In other words, he's not going to have much emotions. He's just going to do what he's gotta do.
The synopsis states that Guy Montag will meet a young girl named Clarisse. She will defiantly have a big role in the novel. She's going to open up Guy's very bland mind. Guy is going to begin looking at the world very differently and change his views on his job. He's going to start questioning whether his work is valid, and if he should change his ways of life. I believe he's going to put a halt on burning all the commodities. I'm not sure what he will do with himself, though. He's going to become a very quiet man, a deep thinker, and he's going to struggle with life. I believe all of this will cause him to part ways with his wife.
I can't wait to begin reading, and I hope you enjoy reading my posts along the way!
I agree that the main character will be strong and do something important yet odd. I enjoyed reading your predictions and cant wait to see what happens.
ReplyDeleteSo, now that we've been reading for a while, we know that you're second set of predictions is more accurate. They were all nice ideas, and it was easy to tell that Montag would be the dynamic character in this story and it's interesting how you thought he would become quiet and think harder. Close 'nuff
ReplyDelete