Sunday, April 6, 2014

New Pick Up

I recently picked up the book Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.  I am not a big fan of fantasy books, but I wanted to step out of my comfort zone so I picked up a book that is essentially the opposite of my normal reads.  I'm hoping I develop some sort of a liking for fantasy books so I can broaden my reading.
I have some hopes and expectations for this book, judging from the cover (even though you're not supposed to do that).  I hope to read a very intriguing, action-filled novel.  Another reason I picked up this book is because I know the author of the Harry Potter Series, J.K. Rowling, uses some interesting ways of writing.  I'll be able to use some of these cool writing techniques in my writing, or at least attempt to...Ultimately, I hope this book interests me and isn't just one of those books that I put down after the first chapter.

Yes, I have my hopes, but what do I actually believe will be included.  Well, it's not a very easy task to form accurate expectations for a fantasy book.  They can go in so many different directions.  Based on the synopsis, I'm expecting lots of conflict to come up throughout the novel, which will keep me reading.  It seems a bit confusing, so I'm not expecting it to be an easy read.  The synopsis mentions dreams that Harry is going to have, so I believe these dreams are going to have a big part in the novel.  I think one of his main struggles is going to be trying to decipher the difference between dreams and reality, and which dreams are soon to be realities.

2 comments:

  1. I like that you are trying something new. I love fantasy books and I hope you'll like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of Harry Potter expesically the book, but its good your trying something out of your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete