Sunday, May 18, 2014

California Wildfires

California is known for its huge wildfires.  This season, however, has been and is expected to continue to be the worst wildfire season ever for California.  I just read an article published by Fox News entitled California is Bracing for Worst Wildfire Season Ever.  I want to share this crazy news with you guys.

There has been about one dozen wildfires in California this year.  The damage has cost the state about $20 MILLION dollars!  These fires are quickly crippling the state of California's economy.   The state has set aside $600 million dollars just to fight these fires, but the California government officials are worried that it may not be sufficient.  It's not just an economic issue, it's a safety issue obviously.  Homes and basically families' life earnings are being destroyed.  One firefighter of California stated that they're still working on repairing damage done in 2013, it's nearly impossible to catch up.

There's not really anything we can do about this.  We can't effectively yell at Mother Nature even though we all wish we could.  For now, we have to trust the plans of the government which isn't the easiest to do.


4 comments:

  1. Great facts about Wildfires, they helped further my knowledge on real dangers. I was aware that they were common, but I didn't know this common! I am not going to California any time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really made me NOT wanna go to California! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the other day there was a wildfire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was very interesting and informative!

    ReplyDelete