Thursday, April 24, 2014

Dave Barry Review

If your main goal in life is to become a humorous columnist, look no further than Dave Barry.  Noone even compares to him-he's hilarious, sarcastic, but somehow, at the same time, he teaches a lesson.  His columns are very entertaining to read.  I want to take this time to review him as a writer, as well as one of his columns.

The first column I read by Dave Barry is entitled "Blowing the vuvuzela is the new World Cup Tiebreaker."   Just from reading the title, I could tell his writer was going to be filled with satyric elements.  The title just sent me a sarcastic tone before I even began to get into the actual column.  My prediction that he was going to be a sarcastic writer couldn't have been more correct.  This piece written by Dave Barry was hilarious, extremely entertaining.  I legitimately laughed while reading this column, it was great.  The reason that it was so entertaining and humorous is due to the fact that he, to a great extent, mocks everything that even relates to the topic of vuvulzelas!  Here is a great quote that perfectly demonstrates his mocking personality: "It's going to be a tough challenge, as we learn from this insightful analysis by ESPN soccer experts during a recent broadcast: BWAAAAAAAAA!!"  And the "Bwaaa's" of the vuvuzelas continue.  And they continue. I just think the ways he incoorportates humor are very original.  I'm going to do my best to start modeling his style in my writing.

I reccomend reading Dave Barry's piecing to anybody that wants to be able to kick back, read something casual and light-hearted.  If you're not in a good mood, read one of his columns.  Dave will cheer you up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment